On Memorial Day weekend and we decided to have a couple of our good friends and their kids over for a cookout. I knew that we were having the basic hot dogs, hamburgers, and macaroni salad. I was trying to figure out a dessert for the kids, then I received a great opportunity from #CollectiveBias to try the new TWIX Bites Snack on the go. I thought the chocolate, caramel, and cookie would make a great addition to the brownie dessert that I was going to make. I headed to Walmart to look for the TWIX Bites and found them easily at the front of the store and for a great price too.
The brownie recipe I decided to use is my grandma’s recipe, it has always been one of my favorites.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (her recipe says a pinch)
- Cut up TWIX Bites. The nice thing about the TWIX Bites there are no wrappers, just open the bag and they are ready to snack on or use in your recipe.
- Heat over to 350″ and grease 9X13 pan
- Place butter in a medium saucepan on the stove. Heat until butter is melted (you can also use the microwave).
- Remove from stove, stir in sugar and vanilla, add eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg is added.
- Add cocoa and stir until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt, Stir in wet mixture until well combined.
- Then here is the twist, cut the TWIX Bites in half and add to the brownie mixture, mix well.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until brownies bring to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool brownies completely in pan, once they cool cut into squares and enjoy!
After I cut the brownies up I had to try one and they were very good, they did not last long at the picnic either everyone loved them!
Want to make a yummy dessert, have something for the long car ride, and save some money too? Click the photo below to save up to $3 on your next purchase of bites!
Coupons.com also has some great printable coupons for bites as well.