Can you imagine waking up every morning and not remembering who you are? What about looking into the eyes of your loved ones and having no idea who they are? Unfortunately this is the reality for 1 in 3 people.
1 in 3 people in today’s society that is rich with medical research and innovation will die suffering from Alzheimer’s Disease. With odds like this chances are pretty high that your life in some way will be touched by this disease whether it is a beloved family member, friend or even yourself.
I’ll never forget the heartbreak I felt for a coworker of mine when I was in college who’s mother had Alzheimer’s. She would go visit her and her mother would say to her “you are such a sweet woman for taking such good care of me, I wish I had a daughter like you.” Years later Alzheimer’s touched my life again when my aunt was caring for her elderly father in law who had the disease. Every day they had to tell him who he was and who everyone around him was. When his wife died he looked at his grieving son at the funeral and said to someone “look at that poor boy, I think he just lost his mother.”
Campaign #RememberMe is the latest project for recording artist Chris Mann. This campaign was designed to help raise research funding for Cure Alzheimer’s Fund through the spreading of a new “Alzheimer’s anthem” and music video, Remember Me, by Chris. The song was co-written by Chris Mann, world-renowned Alzheimer’s researcher, Dr. Rudy Tanzi, and Chris’ wife, Laura Mann. Remember Me is beautiful representation of the struggle Alzheimer’s patients face as well as a reminder we must Remember them when they can’t remember themselves.
You Can Make a Difference
Help support the #RememberMe campaign
- WATCH: The music video for Remember Me (below or on YouTube) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv1bf7S2XV0
- SHARE: Join the #RememberMe movement by posting the music video on your social networks (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter)! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #RememberMe.
- HONOR: Show your support for those affected by Alzheimer’s by taking a picture holding a sign with #RememberMe & #RememberYourLovedOnesName, like this one https://twitter.com/IamChrisMann/status/558655115604013056. Share it online with the link to the video.
- BUY and GIFT: Remember Me will be available on (iTunes bit.ly/RMItunes, GooglePlay bit.ly/RMGooglePlay, Amazon Music bit.ly/RMamazon) starting Jan. 20. A portion of proceeds from the song will be donated directly to Cure Alzheimer’s Fund for research.
- CONTRIBUTE: You can donate directly to www.curalz.org/rememberme/ Cure Alzheimer’s Fund
Has your life been touched by Alzheimer’s? Share your story in the comments below to encourage others to help fight this very scary disease.