Just because it is cold outside does not mean that it’s not a good time for ice cream! I have been wanting to make homemade ice cream for my family and when I received an opportunity from #CollectiveBias to try the new MARS Bites candy I thought it would be the perfect chocolate addition to the dessert. The Bites come in 4 varieties – 3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Milky Way Simply Caramel and SNICKERS and they can be found at your local Walmart. I purchased the SNICKERS Bites to add to my ice cream and the Milky Way Simply Caramel ones for a quick snack.
The base recipe I started with I found on About.com, what is nice about this recipe it only requires 3 ingredients and you don’t need a special ice cream machine to make it. Here is all you need:
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- SNICKERS Bites, coarsely chopped
With an electric mixer beat the 2 cups of whipping cream until soft peaks form.
In another bowl mix condensed milk, vanilla, and pieces of SNICKERS Bites. Fold into the whipping cream.
Put mixture into a plastic container and freeze for at least 4 hours. For best results freeze overnight.
Once the ice cream is set, top it with your favorite toppings and some extra SNICKERS and enjoy!
My family loved the this dessert and can’t wait to make more! If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear what your family thinks!
#EatMoreBites Twitter Party
Want to learn more about Bites and see some other awesome recipes? Join the #EatMoreBites Twitter Party on Friday, March 14, 2014, from 1:00 – 2:00 PM EST for a chance to win $550 in Walmart gift cards.
Want to make a yummy dessert and save some money too? Click the photo below for valuable coupons for MARS Bites.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz can of condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- your choice of MARS candy, chopped. Amount depends on how much candy you like in your ice cream!
- With an electric mixer, beat whipping cream on high until soft peaks form.
- In separate bowl, combine condensed milk, vanilla, and candy and mix well with spoon.
- Fold candy mixture into whipped cream and freeze at least 4 hours before serving. For best results freeze overnight.