Dad are you looking for a great last minute gift for Mom for Mother’s Day that you can make with the kids? Try out my candle holder made from a recycled glass jar, its quick and easy and Mom will love it!
Recycled Jar Candle Holder
1 glass jar
White glue mixture made from mixing 2 parts glue 1 part water
Tea light candle
- Smaller, short jars work best for this project, I used a pizza sauce jar I think it was about a 10 oz jar. Remove label and all glue before beginning
- Cut or tear the tissue paper into pieces that are about 1 in by 1 in.
- Cover the jar generously with the glue mixture and begin sticking the tissue paper on the jar. When the jar is covered place another generous layer of glue over top of all the paper and smooth any wrinkles or bubbles with your fingers.
- Cut a length of ribbon to wrap around the neck of the jar and glue in place.
- Let dry overnight then place a tea light candle in the jar.
If you are looking for some other great recycled material crafts, check out my guest post on the Sprout For Parents for some more great ideas.
Happy Mother’s Day!