We have a big family and lots of friends so when it comes time for one of the kids birthday parties it can be a big production. Part of the program I am in with Ragu Mom’s the Word on Dinner is to have a party and show how Ragu can help with easy, healthy and affordable meals. So, I teamed up with my sister in law and helped her with my nephew’s 3rd birthday party. The food was a major hit and everyone left the party asking for recipes! So here for your viewing (and hopefully tasting) pleasure are the recipes we prepared for the party with Ragu. Sit back, relax and enjoy.
Pepperoni Pizza and Chicken Parmesan Cups
This quick, simple recipe was the hit of the party among parents and kids.
- 1 package of refrigerated biscuits (the pop open kind)
- 1 1/2 cups Ragu Pasta Sauce
- Sliced pepperoni or cooked chicken (amount depends on how much pepperoni or chicken you like, a good start is 8 oz of pepperoni or 2 small boneless chicken breasts)
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chop up the pepperoni or cooked chicken
- Press the biscuits into a greased muffin pan and top with tablespoon of Ragu Pasta Sauce
- Top with small amount of pepperoni or chicken and mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes until biscuits are brown and cheese is melted
This recipe is a big hit in my family because we love lasagna, but I hate messing with lasagna noodles and ricotta cheese. We made 2 varieties for the party, one with meat and one without.
I have posted my recipe for this in the past so please click Lazy Lasagna for the full recipe tutorial.
Spicy Mexican Chili
Another one of our favorites that we serve just about every time we have a party or get together. Click on my previous Quick Chili post for the recipe.
I like to eat mine served over tortilla chips
My sister in law likes hers over my Homemade Mac and Cheese
Dad likes his mixed in his salad
We also served sloppy joes and ziti with meat sauce both made with Ragu Pasta Sauce. Here are a few more photos our food spread and of everyone enjoying their food.
And of course this post would not be complete without a photo of the birthday boy!
Are you drooling yet? Are you ready to try out one of these recipes? How about a little help with purchasing the ingredients? I have 2 $150 American Express gift cards complements of Ragu to give away!
Enter to Win – Required Main Entry
Leave a comment telling me which recipe I have shared that you would like to try with your family.
Bonus Entries – Complete as many as you like
Please be sure to come back and leave separate comments for each task you complete
- Follow @CraftyMamaof4 on Twitter
- Follow @RaguSauce on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway, you can do this up to 3 times a day, tweets must be at least 2 hours apart to count. You can copy and paste this tweet to use “Win a $150 AMEX gift card from @CraftyMamaof4 & @RaguSauce http://ow.ly/7QgWQ #momstheword”
- Like CraftyMamaof4Blog on Facebook
- Like Ragu Sauce on Facebook
- Subscribe to CraftyMamaof4
- Connect with CraftyMamaof4 on Google Friend Connect using the widget in the sidebar