Looking for a quick easy meal for dinner tonight? Try this yummy Kielbasa and rice, it only takes 30 min from start to finish and is a favorite in my house! I was trying to figure out what to make one night and took a look at what I had on hand and came up with this a few months back.
Here is what you will need.
- 1 pound of sausage of your choice, we prefer Hillshire Farm Kielbasa (regular, not low fat, the grease helps with the flavor)
- 2 sticks butter (I know the photo only has one….ignore that lol)
- 16 ounces of frozen vegetables. I get this 4 pound bag of Asian mix from Sam’s club that has everything we like in it, baby corn, water chestnuts, red peppers, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms and pea pods.
- 5 cups of cooked rice
- Slice Kielbasa into 1/2 in thick pieces and cook over medium heat until brown
- Add 2 sticks of butter and garlic to the Kielbasa and cook until butter is melted
- Prepare rice and vegetables according to the package directions
- Toss everything together and serve