I love to bake and I am always looking for new ideas for the family to try. I was selected for a campaign to try a recipe inspired by Renuzit Tempting Indulgences Dessert Collection. I received this cute package that contained Red Velvet Cake and Chocolate Covered Cherry Tempting Indulgence Dessert scents. It was really exciting to get a package!
I decided to use the red velvet as my inspiration and go with funnel cake because it is fair time, and if your family is like my family, before we leave we always have to get a funnel cake, with this recipe the fair can come into your kitchen anytime of the year. I searched the internet and found a yummy Red Velvet Funnel Cake Recipe at Krissy’s Creations. They are easy to make and most of the ingredients are sitting in your cupboards right now! Here’s how you do it.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- Combine flour,cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and set aside
- Using an electric mixer, lightly beat eggs then add milk and vanilla, beat until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl mix together vinegar and baking soda, add this to your batter and mix until smooth
- Add food coloring and mix until color is even.
- Heat 2 quarts of oil to approximately 365 degrees in a deep pot
- Put batter in a squeeze bottle or ziploc bag with a hole cut in the corner and squeeze the batter in a circular pattern beginning on the middle and working your way out.
- Cook for 1 minute until cake floats, then flip over and cook for an additional minute.
- Place on paper towels to soak excess oil.
Once you have the funnel cakes made using the instructions above its time for the fun to begin! I like just powdered sugar sprinkled on mine, but my boys like them a little different. Anthony likes his with Ice Cream and Chocolate Syrup, and David likes his with Ice Cream and Blueberries ( I think he wanted the blueberries because I made him go out to our bushes and pick them).
After we enjoyed our funnel cakes, I put the Chocolate Covered Cherries scent in my boys playroom and the Red Velvet Cake scent above my sink in the kitchen. When you walk into the kitchen you get the scent of yummy Red Velvet Cake, since I spend most of my time in the kitchen either cooking or cleaning it will be nice to be greeted by the lovely scent!
I decided I liked the Renuzit Tempting Indulgences Dessert Creations so much I went to Walmart on Route 20 in Erie, PA to buy more to put up in the bedrooms and to share with my mom, but my store was all out. You can see what else I shopped for and found in my shopping story.
I hope everyone that loves funnel cakes trys this recipe and they enjoy it as much as my family did.
Disclosure – “I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Renuzit #CBias #SocialFabric”